Leyland PD3 East Lancs Blackburn Borough Transport - Blackburn
Product Code: OM41114A
In 1881, steam trams were operated by the Blackburn and Over Darwen Tramways Company, which ended in 1898, when the Blackburn and Darwen councils took over. The network with 61 trams was electrified between 1899 and December 1903. Tramway abandonment started in 1935, but was put on hold during the war. Tram number 74 made the final journey in 1949. The Corporation bought 83 tram replacement buses.
With local Government re-organisation in April 1974, the corporation became the ‘Borough of Blackburn Transport’ with a new livery of white with green lower panels and a red roof, recalling the livery of Darwen Transport, which Blackburn had absorbed. They were nicknamed the ‘Italian flags’. Blackburn Transport became ‘Blackburn Borough Transport Ltd’ in 1986 on deregulation until its demise in 2006.
This is a dual destination model:
- Scale: 1:76
- Era: Classic
- Length: 120mm
- Age Suitability: 14+