AEC Type RM - London Transport - 359 CLT - Route 88 Mitcham Cricketers - 'Boulogne, The motorway to Europe'
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
By the time of the 1933 London Passenger Transport Act, Route 88 was firmly established, connecting Acton Green to Belmont, via Oxford Circus, Mitcham and Sutton and, although cut back during the Second World War, by 1950 it had become a recognised cross-London trunk route, with stops at Acton Green, Oxford Circus, Vauxhall Bridge, Stockwell, Tooting Broadway, Mitcham Cricketers (Monday to Friday only), St. Helier Rose (Monday to Friday peaks and Saturdays only), Sutton and, on a Sunday, Belmont. The main allocation of buses at this time were allocated to Merton Garage and in May 1950, RTWs were introduced on the route as part of the successful central London trials of 8' wide buses, but in November 1958 Merton lost the 88 route and the main allocation moved to Stockwell Garage, who were running RTLs. The RTM Routemasters arrived on the route from July 1966, only being superseded by RMLs in March 1975.
Operating out of Stockwell Garage on route 37 until June 1966, 359 CLT (RM1359) had entered service in December 1962. After briefly being moved to storage at Thornton Heath, RM1359 was allocated to route 88 later on in June. While allocated to Shepherds Bush Garage, on 26 April 1974 RM1359 emerged from Finchley’s Woodberry Grove Garage in a very bright, ‘Boulogne – The motorway to Europe’ advertising scheme that promoted travel to France by Sealink and Seaspeed, being one of only four advert buses that entered service that year. Although London Transport’s advert buses were limited to one per route, many MPs were lobbying Parliament to ban them, but in the meantime the bus actually ended up in Boulogne on a Chiswick Works visit that took place on 29 May 1974. The Boulogne scheme was removed from RM1359 on 26 September 1974 and the bus continued in service with London Transport until July 1987, at which point it was sold on to Brakell Omnibus Sales of Cheam, eventually being exported in May 1992 to Riparo Auto SNC in Palermo, Sicily.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||500|