Captain Scarlet Classic Spectrum Saloon Car
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Fans of cult TV show ‘Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons’, the follow up to Gerry Anderson’s spectacularly successful ‘Thunderbirds’ series, might be surprised to learn that the series celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, having ﬁrst appeared on screen in 1967! To celebrate 50 years of the indestructible Captain we’re proud to re-introduce a special edition of Captain Scarlet Classic Spectrum Saloon Car in commemorative packaging.
The Spectrum Saloon Car is a five-seater vehicle available for use by all Spectrum personnel. An 18 ft (5.48 m) long independent four wheel drive vehicle capable of speeds up to 200 mph (322 kmph), the SSC is powered by a gas turbine situated under the rear floor. Hot gas from the combustion chamber drives compressor and power turbines before being ejected through the rear grill.
The car's bodywork is made from lightweight resilient Fleetonium alloy fitted to a specially strengthened chassis with the main rib following the contour of the vehicle as a safety measure in case of overturning. The nose is strengthened for use as a ram and the tyres and the windscreen are all bullet proof.
The car is equipped with powerful quartz headlights, a long-distance viewing laser projector with optical telescope coupled to a TV screen in the cabin, an infrared beam with centrally mounted detector eye, sidelights and trafficators. The vehicle also boasts transverse gearing, independent suspension and magnetic brake drums which provide powerful controlled braking by means of electromagnetically generated opposing magnetic fields.
Road/tyre friction heat at high speeds is countered by wing intakes, while a central housing and a rear-mounted fin maintain the vehicle's stability at speed. Safety air bags are fitted as standard.
Captain Scarlet ™ and © 1967, 2001 and 2017. ITC Entertainment Group Limited. Licensed by Granada Ventures Limited. All rights reserved.
Please note this product is only available to the following territories: UK and Ireland, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa
WARNING! This product is not suitable for children under 3 years because of small parts which can present a choking hazard.Please retain these details and the address for future reference. Caution.Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Scale||Fit the Box|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.