Fokker D.VII (OAW) 4649/18 ‘Seven Swabians’ Wilhelm Scheutzel, Jasta 65, September 1918
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Although the air war had turned inexorably in favour of the Allies by the late summer of 1918, the Luftstreitkrafte were still able to introduce an aircraft which is generally considered to be the finest fighter of the Great War, the Fokker D.VII. German pilots had a saying that this new fighter could make a mediocre pilot good and a good pilot into an ace, but unfortunately this was to prove a case of too little, too late.
Fokker D.VII 4649/18 has to be considered one of the most flamboyantly decorated fighters of the Great War – adorning both sides of the aircraft’s fuselage, an elaborate scene featuring the ‘Seven Swabians’ from a famous Brothers Grimm German Fairy Tale must have made for an unusual sight. Brandishing an oversized spear which required all seven of the Swabians to carry, the story tells the farcical tale of this hapless group and their futile attempts to achieve greatness through performing great deeds.
Showing an incredible level of artistic talent, the artwork was slightly different on both sides of the aircraft, however, despite all this decorative effort, this particular fighter was to achieve no more than two aerial victories during its short service career.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Fine Rigging Detail
- Fixed Undercarriage
- Rotatable Propellers
- Wood Grain Effect Propeller