Ford Cortina Mk4, 3.0 Savage, Strato Silver
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Engineer and racer Jeff Uren came to prominence after winning the 1959 British Saloon Car Championship at the wheel of a Ford Zephyr Mk2. He remained loyal to Ford and established the 'Savage' brand, which offered well engineered conversions of Mk2 and 3 Cortinas fitted with the 3-litre 'Essex' V6 engine used in Capris and Granadas. In the late 1970s he relocated his business to Ashburton, Devon, and created at least one Mk4 Cortina Savage, modelled here, for a customer. The car was tested for the August 18th, 1979 edition of Autocar by well known engineer and race driver John Miles who had previously worked with Uren as a development engineer. This car started life as a 2.3S and, for a cost of £2,110, was fitted with a 170bhp 3-litre 'Essex' V6, Capri gearbox, uprated springs, dampers and brakes plus Minilite wheels wearing Goodyear 205/60VR14 tyres. A large-bore free-flow exhaust was also fitted and this was criticised by Miles who felt it objectionably loud for a 4-door family car. He also felt the suspension was too stiff, creating an unpleasant ride and poor handling on uneven surfaces. However the car's performance impressed him, with 0-100mph being achieved in 25 seconds, 0-60 in 7.9 seconds and a standing quarter mile time of 16.2 seconds at 86mph. Sadly, it is believed this car no longer exists and that it may have been the only Mk4 Savage built.
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1100|