North American P-51D Mustang 44-13586/C5-T ‘Hurry Home Honey’, USAAF
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
North American P-51D Mustang 44-13586/C5-T ‘Hurry Home Honey’, Capt. Richard A ‘Pete’ Peterson, 364th Fighter Squadron, 357th Fighter Group, Leiston, Suffolk July 1944
The red and yellow checked noses of the USAAF 357th Fighter Group became a familiar sight in the skies above enemy occupied Europe in the ﬁnal months of WWII and served both to reassure US Bomber crews that their ‘Little Friends’ were in attendance and to warn attacking Luftwaffe ﬁghters that they were facing an elite ﬁghting unit. The 357th were the ﬁrst Eighth Air Force Fighter Group to receive the new North American P-51 Mustang towards the end of 1943 and immediately began their conversion training at Raydon airﬁeld in East Anglia. Transferring to nearby Leiston, the unit became operational in February 1944 and were famously christened ‘The Yoxford Boys’ by British traitor and German propagandist Lord Haw-Haw, who greeted the arrival of these newly trained pilots with a forewarning of death and devastation at the hands of the Luftwaffe – how wrong he was. The Mustangs of the Yoxford Boys took a withering toll of Axis aircraft in the coming months, becoming the most successful P-51 air-to-air combat Unit in the Eighth Air Force by the end of WWII.
The model here is represented by way of a digital rendering of the Corgi design.
Produced under license. Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, North American Aviation, P-51 Mustang, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, their distinctive logos, product markings and trade dress are trademarks of The Boeing Company.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Fuel Tanks
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Rotatable Propellers
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.