Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZA461, RAF No.15 Squadron, Special Scheme
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZA461, RAF No.15 Squadron, Lossiemouth, Special Centenary Scheme
As we fast approach the Centenary year of the Royal Air Force in 2018, we can expect this significant occasion to attract plenty of media attention and form the basis of a spectacular Airshow year. In advance of these commemorations, a number of individual RAF Squadrons had already marked their Centenary years and delighted aviation enthusiasts by presenting one of their aircraft in a special commemorative scheme. Without doubt, one of the most attractive schemes applied to an RAF jet was the one that adorned Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZA461 of No.15(R) Squadron, whilst it was still based at Lossiemouth in Northern Scotland. With the impending drawdown of the remaining RAF Tornado force looming, this aircraft became something of a talismanic airframe for the ‘Mighty Fin’ and the proud service record of this magnificent aircraft. Sadly, No.15 Squadron disbanded in March 2017, ending a glorious 102 years of service with the Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force, whilst also bringing to an end Scotland’s long association with the Panavia Tornado. The RAFs last three remaining Tornado Squadrons are all now based at Marham in Norfolk, where they will remain until their intended service withdrawal date in 2019.
Benefitting from much of the advanced technology developed during the controversially cancelled TSR.2 project, the Panavia Tornado was a Tri-national programme to develop one of the most sophisticated all weather strike attack aircraft in the world. With three major partners developing the aircraft and sharing production costs, it was hoped that economies of scale and shared technology would allow each country to introduce a highly advanced strike aircraft that would act as a significant deterrent to the Warsaw Pact nations. With its variable geometry wings and large tail, the distinctive Tornado is all about speed and power and during a long and successful service career, it has successfully taken part in a number of combat situations, most notably during the Gulf War of 1991. With many operators looking to replace the Tornado with fifth generation fighter/strike aircraft, the days of this Cold War warrior are now numbered, but if called upon in the near future, the capable Tornado will be ready for action.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Fuel Tanks
- Moveable Sweeping Wings
- Opening Canopy
- Optional Undercarriage Down
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|