Handley Page Halifax B.III LV937/MH-E ‘Expensive Babe’, RAF No.51 Squadron, Snaith, March 1945 – Halifax Centurion
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
One of the most significant factors in reducing the effectiveness of Luftwaffe bombing operations during the Second World War was their lack of a capable heavy bomber which could be deployed in large numbers. By comparison, the Allies were almost spoilt for choice and following the introduction of the four engined Short Stirling, Bomber Command’s operations took on a new dimension of offensive capability. The second four engined ‘Heavy’ to enter squadron service was the Handley Page Halifax, an aircraft which would go on to see constant development throughout the rest of the war and result in more than 6,000 aircraft eventually being produced. Underlining the incredibly dangerous missions these mighty aircraft were designed to undertake, out of this number, only five Halifax’s would manage to set the impressive mark of completing 100 or more operational sorties and taking their place in the annals of Bomber Command history. Handley Page Halifax B.III LV937 ‘Expensive Babe’ was one of those five aircraft – entering RAF service with No.578 Squadron in March 1944, she only served one month with this unit, before being transferred to No.51 Squadron at Snaith the following month. She would see extensive service with this squadron over the next few months, recording her landmark 100th operation on 25th March 1945, on a raid to Osnabrück. Highlighting the international contribution to Bomber Command during WWII, the crew on this significant date was made up of Australian, New Zealand and British airmen, who were all greeted by the station commander on their return. As well as the nose artwork and impressive mission tally, this Halifax also features a single white swastika on the port front fuselage and represents a Luftwaffe Ju88 claimed as destroyed.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
LV937 ‘Expensive Babe’ was one of only five Handley Page Halifax bombers to complete an impressive ‘Century’ of operational missions, an achievement made all the more impressive by the fact that these missions were completed in a hectic twelve month period. Highlighting the international nature of Bomber Command’s significant contribution to the war effort, the aircraft was crewed by men from the UK and throughout the British Commonwealth during her successful service career.
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Moving Rear/Ventral Gun(s)
- Opening Bomb Bay Doors
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Photo-etched Aerial(s)
- Rotatable Propellers
- Rotatable Turret(s)
|Limited Edition Size||900|