Westland Puma HC.1 XW220/AC, RAF No.72 Squadron, Aldergrove, 1997
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Westland Puma HC.1 XW220/AC, RAF No.72 Squadron, Aldergrove, Northern Ireland, 1997
As one of the world’s most successful modern battleﬁeld helicopters, the Westland Puma HC.1 entered service with the Royal Air Force in 1971 and represented a huge technological advance over the Belvedere and Whirlwind aircraft it replaced. An incredibly ﬂexible aviation asset, the Puma is tasked with the tactical movement of troops, weapons, ammunition and general support supplies and is capable of operating in all weather conditions, by day or night. With room to carry 16 fully equipped troops, or up to two tonnes of freight either internally, or slung from a hard point under the aircraft’s fuselage, the Puma can also operate in search and rescue and casualty evacuation roles, making this one of the most useful and ﬂexible aircraft in the RAF. This ﬂexibility has seen the Puma required to operate in areas of conﬂict all over the world, most noticeably during both Gulf Wars, where the aircraft continued to build on its excellent reputation. With the original RAF Pumas serving for over forty years, an upgrade programme will see this superb machine remain in service for many years to come.
The Westland Wessex and Westland Sea King is a product of AgustaWestland Limited and all rights in it, including its name, are hereby reserved.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Detailed Crew Figure(s)
- Optional Undercarriage Down
- Photo-etched Aerial(s)
- Rotatable Propellers
- Sliding Door
- Stationary Drooping Blades
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.