Showcase Supermarine Spitfire
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233512 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Regarded by many people as the most famous aeroplane the world has ever seen, the Supermarine Spitfire was one of the first all-metal monoplane fighters, at a time when many of the world’s air forces were still equipped with biplane designs. Establishing its reputation during the aerial dogfights of the Battle of Britain, the Spitfire would go on to see service throughout the Second World War and earn the distinction of being the only Allied fighter to be in continuous production during the conflict. With the beautiful elliptical wing making the Spitfire instantly recognisable, the stunning good looks of the aircraft masked the fact that this was a deadly fighting aeroplane and one which was continually improved to ensure it was a match for anything in the skies.
In the years which followed the end of the Second World War, the iconic Spitfire came into the hands of many private collectors all over the world and it became a popular aircraft on the Airshow scene. With many aircraft undergoing restoration to flying condition in the post war years, there are probably more Spitfires flying today than at any point since the end of WWII and they are sure to play a starring role in this year’s Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary commemorations.
Corgi Showcase is a series of top quality die-cast model aircraft suitable for children aged three and over. Each model comes with a display stand and all classic aircraft have a moving propeller. This series is ideal for the young aviation fan and offers a wide range of models to collect including biplanes, fighters, bombers and modern jets. Corgi has been recognised as the market leader in die-cast toys and collectables since 1956 when the brand was launched as 'The ones with Windows'. One of the most famous models created was the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 of which over 10 million have been purchased.The Corgi Toys range of aircraft has been created with the young aviation enthusiast in mind to provide an introduction to all those budding 'air cadets' wanting to start their die-cast collection.A display stand is included.
N.B. This item may be supplied in either Corgi Toys or Showcase packaging.
WARNING! This product is not suitable for children under 5 years because of small parts which can present a choking hazard, Please retain these details and the address for future reference. Caution. Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Dimensions||14 x 3.1 x 15|
|Scale||Fit the Box|