Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 FVA, Group 5, Graham Hill. 1967 British Saloon Car Championship.
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The car modelled, CTC 14E, was originally a press-fleet vehicle however, once its photographic duties were done, it was returned to Lotus' new facility in Hethel, Norfolk, and, with sister press-fleet car CTC 24E, built into a racing machine for the 1967 season to the Group 5 regulations the British Saloon Car Championship (BSCC) had adopted in 1966. These allowed a greater degree of modification than previously so both were fitted with 1598cc, 210bhp, DOHC 4-valve Cosworth FVA engines homologated as a modification of the Ford 'Kent' OHV engine! They were also extensively lightened and fitted with bespoke racing suspension and brakes. A similar FVA-engined Cortina, UVX 565E, was built in Ford's Boreham workshop. The FVA Cortinas dominated the 1.3 to 2-litre Class of the 1967 BSCC and '14E' is presented here as it appeared at Brands Hatch when driven to class victory by F1 Champion Graham Hill. Hill also won the next two events at Snetterton and Silverstone, harrying the powerful V8 Ford Falcons and Mustangs for overall victory on each occasion, but other commitments prevented him putting together a championship challenge. However the Cortinas won eight of the year's nine BSCC Class C races in the hands of Paul Hawkins, Brian Robinson and Jacky Ickx but the Class C Championship went to Vic Elford, who won only one round but scored points consistently behind the Cortinas in a significantly slower car, a Porsche 911...
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1100|