Triumph Herald 13/60 Convertible - Removable Roof
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Most initially expected the Herald to be phased out after Triumph's new front-wheel-drive 1300 saloon was launched in 1965, but it continued to sell well, partly because it was cheaper and partly because it had built up a loyal following. Thus Triumph gave it a facelift in 1967 and created the 13/60 (1300cc engine, 60bhp) using an over-bored version of the previous 1147cc 12/50 engine. Its styling was also substantially, but very economically, updated by use of the Vitesse bonnet-pressing with single instead of twin headlights. In this form the saloon remained in production until replaced by the Toledo in 1970. However, the last convertible 13/60s, as modelled here, were built in September 1971.
Triumph chose to make their new Herald using a separate chassis, which was seen by many as out of date technology when the car was launched in April 1959. However, it made sense for a small company like Standard-Triumph as a number of body styles could be produced on the same chassis much more simply than if it had been of a monocoque construction. It was also pragmatic, larger rivals BMC had recently purchased body builders Fisher and Ludlow and refused to supply bodies to a market rival, leaving Standard-Triumph little alternative. However, engineer Harry Webster was able to turn the initial problem into a triumph by designing a body which was efficiently bolted on to the chassis in sections at the Canley factory.
Engine: 1296cc 4IL OHV
0-60mph: 17.7 seconds
Maximum speed: 84mph
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1000|