VW Golf Mk2 GTI 16V - Monza Blue
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Mk2 Golf was announced in 1983 and, whilst more refined, aerodynamic and capacious than the Mk1, was slightly larger and heavier. Volkswagen thus introduced the 16 valve version in late 1985 to address the perceived performance deficit of the Mk2 8 valve GTI to newer rivals such as the Peugeot 205GTi and Vauxhall Astra GTE. The car modelled was first registered on May 1st 1988 near Preston, Lancashire, and is one of very few UK cars ordered in Monza Blue, a colour only available on 1987 and 1988 model year Golfs and which, surprisingly, wasn't that popular. That rarity, of course, means enthusiasts now actively seek out the few remaining Monza Blue examples. Current owner, Kate Westmoreland, a long-standing Volkswagen enthusiast who owns and manages Sandford Road Auto Centre, Doncaster, looked for a 'Monza Blue' for quite some time before purchasing this car from Broxburn, Scotland, in June 2019.
The journey home was challenging as the clutch started to slip but Kate finally arrived at 3.15am and was overall, once she'd replaced the clutch, pleased with the condition and look of the car. Although it's had, incredibly, twenty-one owners, many were friends in the Scottish VW community so it has an excellent interior and wears its 180,000 miles, most of which were done before 1991, lightly. Kate now enjoys using the car regularly but is planning to improve the paintwork and reinstate the original alloy wheels.
Engine: 1781cc 4IL 16V DOHC Power: 139bhp@6100RPM Torque: 123.5lb.ft@4,600rpm 0-60mph: 7.9secs Maximum speed: 129mph Weight: 960kg
Trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the approvals of the owner Volkswagen AG
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1100|