Daimler Sovereign (Series 2) Double Six Vanden Plas, Caramel (metallic)
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Daimler modelled was built in Jaguar's Coventry factory then shipped to Vanden Plas' Kingsbury Works in North West London (their home since 1923) to be trimmed. It was finished on December 3rd, 1973, and registered by dealers Drabble and Allen, Manchester, on March 11th, 1974, to first owner Grangewood Allan Co Ltd, London. Both the exterior and the exquisite hand-made Chamois coloured leather interior (one of three available colours, the others being Deep Olive and Tuscan) have survived well because the car has always been looked after. The current owner, Northampton-based Paul Somerscales, is the eighth and bought it in March 2018, at which point it had covered only 68,000 miles from new.
The Double Six Vanden Plas was the flagship of the Daimler range and only 1,723 were made between September 1973 and March 1979. The aim was to produce a car with the cachet to be chauffeur driven during the week but which was cheaper than a Rolls-Royce, and could be driven by the owner over the weekend. It featured a bright silver side moulding with a coachline below it, Vanden Plas' unique leather seats, Birstall Evlan carpets, nylon footwell-rugs, adjustable rear-quarter reading lamps, red door-opening lights, a rear console cigar lighter and a vinyl roof. For these, a unique colour scheme and other luxuries the purchaser paid a premium of £1256 over the £4812 cost of the Double Six on which it was based.
Engine: 5343cc V12 SOHC
0-60mph: 7.8 seconds
Maximum speed: 147mph
Price: £6068 including taxes
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,400|