Ford Consul Capri 335 (109E) - Lime Green & Ermine White
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Capri modelled was first registered in September 1962, but little is known about its early history. It was extensively restored in 2010 by well known Ford Classic & Capri Owners Club member Dave Heath, who documented the restoration meticulously with over 900 photographs. He retained its original appearance and colours but fitted the 1498cc 78bhp engine and matching gearbox used in the rare Capri GT; quite a common modification as the engine was also fitted in the Cortina and Corsair GT, so it's relatively easy to obtain, fits correctly, and is both more powerful and more reliable.
It was purchased in 2013 by Ford enthusiast Graeme Farrar who enjoys using this rare car. The Capri 335 was a 2-door coupé version of the Consul Classic 315 or 109E range as it's often called. Both were supposed to have been launched in late 1959, less than a year after the 105E Anglia. However, the Anglia's unexpected sales success took up production capacity so the saloon was delayed until April 1961 and the coupé until September 1961. Ford, ever cost conscious, realised their forthcoming Cortina would render the delayed new car range obsolete, so produced the tooling for it in cheaper, short-life 'Kirksite'. Ford of Britain's first coupé, the 335 was known internally as 'Project Sunbird' and was intended to be marketed as the Ford Sunbird until company Chairman, Sir Patrick Hennessy, rechristened it Capri months before the launch.
Engine: 1340cc 4IL OHV Power:54bhp@4900rpm Torque: 74lb.ft@2500rpm 0-60mph: 21.3 seconds Maximum speed: 81mph Weight: 2055lbs
Ford Motors Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Hornby Hobbies. Manufactured by Hornby Hobbies Ltd.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1000|