Ford Escort Mk1 1300E - Sahara Beige
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The 1300E modelled is one of the later Series 2 cars, built entirely at Halewood on Merseyside, and is considered one of the most original and best preserved examples in the UK. It was initially sold on June 19th 1974 by Ford dealer G. W. Johns, Chiswick, West London, to Mrs D.L. Hawkins of East Ewell, Surrey, who specified one extra, aMotorola AM radio costing £45. Her family retained the car until June 1984, at which time it had covered only 21,603 miles and was still wearing its original tyres! Second owner Robert Watt, from Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, used it sparingly and looked after it for 27 years before selling it in 2011.
When third owner, Keith Bennett, purchased it the odometer was still showing only 36,241 miles and the car was still in very good condition. However, as one of the co-founders of the Escort 1300E Owners' Club, he had it resprayed in the original colour to make it perfect for exhibiting at shows, and it became well known among Escort aficionados. Current owner, Dorset-based Barry Connolly, an Escort enthusiast and collector, bought it in June 2017 from a dealer, Appreciating Classics of Norfolk, and is delighted with the car, which complements the 4-door Sahara Beige Mk1 Escort XL he also owns. The car has still covered less than 43,000 miles, remains in excellent condition and is totally original except, thankfully, for some new tyres.
Engine:1298cc 4IL OHV Power:72bhp@6000rpm Torque:68lb.ft@4000rpm 0-60mph: 13.1seconds Max Speed: 94mph 2-door 1300Es produced: 6,768
Ford Motors Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Hornby Hobbies. Manufactured by Hornby Hobbies Ltd.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,500|