Ford Escort Mk4 XR3i Diamond White
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The XR3i model was originally purchased from Arrow Ford in Blackwood, Gwent, on December 15th 1987 and used regularly until 2000 when the then owner passed away. It was then put into storage but eventually re-commissioned and MOT tested by a new owner in Wales in 2006 who offered it for sale via the XR Owners Club in January 2012. It was then bought for £700 by current owner Rob Osborne, a vehicle detailer from Kent. Rob is the car's sixth owner but remarkably, unlike many XR3is, it hadn't been modified during its 132,000 miles so he's restored it to its original specification.
Corgi scanned this example to produce our new MkIV Escort tool. Rob's quest for originality in the restoration of his XR3i has extended to replacing the modern CD player with a factory radio cassette and, because the car is a rare base model XR3i with wind-up windows, replacing the alloy wheels with the correct steel wheels and pearlescent white hubcaps which involved shipping the wheels from Germany. Most UK buyers opted for a higher specification which included alloy-wheels, electric windows, ABS, central locking, spot lamps and a trip computer. Rob has fitted a new unused set of Daytona cloth seats, which amazingly were being stored by a neighbour. He has been able to retain most of the car's original paint work and has created a stunning original specification car which he enjoys using regularly.
Engine: 1597cc IL4 SOHC Power:105bhp@6,000rpm Torque: 104lb.ft@4800rpm 0-60mph: 9.6 seconds Maximum speed: 118mph Weight: 969.5kgs
Ford Motors Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Hornby Hobbies. Manufactured by Hornby Hobbies Ltd.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||2000|