Volkswagen Type 2 Bay Window Devon "New Moonraker" Marino Yellow and Pastel White
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The original Type 2 sold in far larger numbers, and eventually guises, than VW had originally envisaged when it was launched in 1950. Sensibly, they evolved this successful concept and launched the second generation Type 2 in late 1967. The new vehicle was larger, more powerful, more comfortable and more versatile, but retained the original's charm and its air-cooled rear-engined layout. It was almost immediately nicknamed the 'Bay Window' because of its large wraparound windscreen and is now often known just as the 'Bay'. The example modelled was first registered on May 3rd 1979 and immediately sent to Devon Conversions, the company who invented the word Caravanette, to be turned into a camper.
Now with its 14th owners, and located in East Kent, it was extensively restored by the 13th, a Suffolk-based couple, who had it from January 2016 to November 2018 and christened it 'Pepper'. During this time both the engine and body were substantially rebuilt and it was then resprayed and then lightly modified, being fitted with Porsche-style Fuchs alloy wheels, Porsche heated seats and slightly lowered suspension. It has also since been fitted with electric power steering, making it much easier to manoeuvre, and particularly when towing the colour-matched VW Beetle styled trailer which is, of course, called 'Salt'. Previously to the 13th owners it has been owned all over England at locations such as Hastings, Andover, Rugby, Woking, Cirencester, Braunton, Stockton-on-Tees, Redcar, Blyth, and South Shields, so a well travelled van! Pepper is one of the last 'late Bays' produced in Germany, although production continued in Brazil until 2013 by which time well over 2 million had been produced.
Engine: 1584cc 4HO OHV Power: 66bhp@4,800rpm Torque: 85Lb.ft@3400rpm Maximum Speed: 68mph 0-60mph: 24 seconds MPG: 22 average
Trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the approvals of the owner Volkswagen AG
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||2000|