Austin Mini Mk1 Cooper S, Surf Blue - 60th Anniversary Collection
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
When launched in 1959, designer Alec Issigonis' Mini revolutionised the automotive industry by pioneering the mass production of front-wheel-drive transverse-engine cars. Then Formula 1 World Champion team owner John Cooper, a friend of Issigonis, immediately saw its nimble handling as an opportunity to create a powerful competition car and, after building a prototype, persuaded BMC's bosses to produce it. It was launched in 1961, started winning races and rallies immediately, and became the cool must have car of the 1960s, selling in much larger numbers than initially envisaged. The Cooper S added more power and the example modelled here was a BMC press car tested, with enthusiasm, by Autosport magazine in August 1963.
Engine: 1071cc 4IL OHV
Maximum speed: 95mph
Produced: 45,629 (Cooper S, 1963-1971)
This special 60th Anniversary Collection model includes a commemorative pin badge
The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.
Corgi 60th Anniversary Collection
A range of specially priced limited edition models featuring some of the most famous vehicles and liveries from the air and road, presented in commemorative 60th Anniversary packaging.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collectors. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||5,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.