Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I R6800/LZ-N, Sqn. Ldr. Rupert ‘Lucky’ Leigh - 60th Anniversary Collection
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I R6800/LZ-N, Sqn. Ldr. Rupert ‘Lucky’ Leigh, RAF No.66 Squadron, Gravesend, Sep 1940
For young British pilots in the late 1940s, the most exciting and enigmatic aircraft that they could possibly hope to fly was the new Supermarine Spitfire. The absolute pinnacle of aviation technology at that time, the Spitfire was a thoroughbred in every sense of the word and simply a beautiful aeroplane to look at. Just a few short months after the Spitfire entered RAF service, it would be called upon to fight for the very survival of Britain and the free world, as swarms of Luftwaffe aircraft launched massed attacks against RAF airfields and strategic targets across southern England. The handsome Spitfire would have to bare its teeth and take on the feared Messerschmitt Bf 109!
This special 60th Anniversary Collection model includes a commemorative pin badge
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
Corgi 60th Anniversary Collection
A range of specially priced limited edition models featuring some of the most famous vehicles and liveries from the air and road, presented in commemorative 60th Anniversary packaging.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collectors. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||3,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
A very nice red nosed Mk1 Spitfire
Received this as a Birthday Present to join my 9 other Corgi Spitfires. Very pleased with the 60th Anniversary edition. The Red nose stands it apart like the Legends Brian Lane yellow nosed Mk1 Spit. I can highly recommend this plane and the Lacey Hurricane which I have also.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in