Austin Se7en Deluxe, Vanden Plas ‘Mini’ Lord Austin’s Daughter Irene Austin, Princess Blue-Grey Metallic
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Austin Seven modelled was built at Longbridge on April 11th 1960 as a special order for Irene Waite, née Austin, eldest daughter of Lord Herbert Austin. It was fitted with a fresh-air heater, which at that time was for export market orders only. On April 28th it was sent to another section of the BMC empire, coachbuilder Vanden Plas in Kingsbury to be painted metallic blue over the original white, trimmed in VM3230 grey hide and Evlan Birstall VDP C2 grey carpet. This was done to match the Vanden Plas Princess IV DS7 A135 Limousine owned by Irene's husband, Arthur Waite, a BMC director who'd joined his father-in-law's company after the Great War.
- Engine: 848cc 4IL OHV
- Power: 34bhp@5500rpm
- Torque: 44lb.ft@2900rpm
- 0-50mph: 27.1 seconds
- Maximum speed: 72mph
- Unladen weight: 1380Lbs
The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.
Austin and Morris are the trademarks of SAIC Motor Corporation, Licensed by British Motor Heritage Limited. Licensing Agent: LMI www.bmh-ltd.com
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.