Austin Mini Cooper S Durham Constabulary
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Cooper S modelled was a Durham Constabulary Traffic Car and was usually operated by a female crew of two. It was one of several Mini Cooper S vehicles on their fleet, as period photographs prove, but the car itself no longer exists. Mini Coopers were popular traffic cars in the North East as their size and spritely performance made them very agile in both the urban and countryside topography that makes up County Durham. Their front-wheel-drive configuration also provided good traction in harsh winter conditions on the North East's hills. They were rarely used for dual carriageway or motorway work though as Durham Traffic Police used more powerful Jaguar Mk2s in this role.
The Mini Cooper's potential as a police car was obvious immediately the 997cc model was introduced in 1961. However, it really came into its own in February 1964 when the 1275cc Cooper S version arrived. Its greater engine capacity meant extra torque so less performance was sacrificed when the vehicle was carrying the weight and aerodynamic penalties police traffic patrol cars incur when fully equipped. It became a popular vehicle in this role with police forces all over the UK, especially those in the North, and was used in a basically standard form except for the fitment of an alternator to handle the Police vehicles greater electrical load and often, but not in this car, motorsport derived twin fuel tanks to give greater range.
- Engine: 1275cc 4-IL OHV
- Power: 76bhp@5800rpm
- Torque: 79lb.ft@3000rpm
- Max speed: 97mph
- 0-60mph: 10.9secs
- Weight: 1440lbs
The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|