Austin Mini Se7en Deluxe, Farina Grey, The 4th Oldest Surviving Mini
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Austin Se7en De Luxe, Farina Grey, A-A2S7/108: The Fourth Oldest Surviving Mini
Gladys Hobro bought XLL 27 new in 1959 and kept it until June 1986 but only used it when she and her family returned home to Bognor Regis from Khartoum, Sudan, where they were based. Second owner, Chichester-based David Gallimore, never started his intended restoration and offered the 30,041 mile car for sale in 2011. It was purchased, in the original but very rusty state modelled here, by three Mini enthusiasts from Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, Richard Bremner, Bryan Smart and Robert Lancaster-Gaye. In 2012, having proved the car's production history, significance and originality, they consigned it, unrestored, to Bonham's auctioneers. They'd initially feared losing their £10,000 investment so were amazed when it sold for £40,250.
Researched with the help of the BMIHT Gaydon.
The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Mini But Maxi Memories
Oh this takes me back. My very first car Blue with white roof, Sliding windows and a single centered dial providing all your driving information. The model is fantastic and resembles the sorry condition my own model was in after ten years of driving. A Mini Marvel.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in