Austin Morris Mini Clubman 1100, Reynard Metallic
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Clubman was given an 1100cc engine in October 1975 to help differentiate it in the market from Minis with the more traditional nose. Further improvement came from a new refinement package consisting of improved subframe mountings, revised springs and dampers plus extra sound deadening. This, along with bright metallic colours, kept the Clubman competitive until the Metro arrived in 1980. The example modelled was built on May 5th 1978 in Longbridge and sold by salesman Mr P.G. Rigby at BL dealers 'Julians of Reading Ltd', in February 1979. The first owner, Mrs Milica Knezevic, paid £3059.10 for the car, which included tax of £511.93 and £175 for the underseal and vinyl roof.
Current owner, Gary Jones from Edinburgh, bought the car in 2015 to add to his collection of low-mileage classics because, remarkably, it has covered less than 12,000 miles from new. It is still in very good original unrestored condition and crucially, perhaps because of that dealer-fit underseal, has never been welded. It was featured as a recommended low-mileage purchase in the 15th September 2010 edition of Classic Car Weekly and was even on the front cover. This, its unusual colour and distinctive Dunlop Denovo wheels, which the Heritage Certificate shows were fitted from new, also add to its attractiveness to collectors. Gary has decided not to keep to the car, however, and has consigned it for sale to 'Morris Leslie Classic Vehicle Auctions'.
Engine: 1098cc OHV
Maximum speed: 82mph
0-60 mph: 17.9secs
The MINI logo and the MINI wordmark are trademarks of BMW AG and are used under license.
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.