BR 4-6-0 Castle Class 'Bristol Castle' - Corgi Club
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Royal Family have always had a close relationship with the Great Western Railways, dating back to the time when Queen Victoria took her very first rail journey from Windsor on a Great Western train. At this time it was quite common for the Royals to travel by train and Castle Class locomotive No. 4082 was selected as the Royal locomotive and named accordingly as ‘Windsor Castle’.
On one occasion, in April 1924, it was actually driven by King George V and Queen Mary from the Swindon Works to Swindon Station. Heading the Royal Train also meant that the locomotive had to serve on less joyous occasions and in February 1952 following the death of King George VI, ‘Windsor Castle’ was required to pull the Royal Funeral Train.
Sadly at this time ‘Windsor Castle’ No. 4082 was being repaired at the Worcester Shed, without wanting to break with tradition locomotive ‘Bristol Castle’ No. 7013 was called into action to cover for its Classmate and the name plates of the two locomotives were swapped. This highly limited run of only 500 pieces is exclusive to the Corgi Collector Club and captures ‘Windsor Castle’ No. 4082 carrying the name and number plate of ‘Bristol Castle’ No. 7013 in BR Green with an early BR emblem.
A superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the golden age of British steam. Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||500|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.