FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Railway companies in the 1930s were starting to feel the increased competition from air and road travel as the demand for speed, efficiency and luxury grew. These pressures at the time meant LNER had to develop locomotives to enable them to compete. During the 1920s a series of experiments to improve performance were carried out on the A1 Class locomotives. This resulted in the birth of the A3 Class.
In July 1927, ‘Enterprise’ No. 2544 was converted from an A1 to an A3. A1 Class locomotive No.2553 named ‘Manna’ entered service in December 1924 and was re-named ‘Prince of Wales’ two years later. It was converted to an A3 Class locomotive in 1943. Following nationalisation of the railways in 1948, it was re-numbered on 9th April as No.60054.
This model represents ‘Prince of Wales’ when it was painted in BR Blue between April 1950 and November 1951. ‘Prince of Wales’ had a Great Northern Railways tender for its entire working life making it the first Rail Legends model to have this type of tender.
A superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the golden age of British steam. Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached. View the full range
A detailed scale model for the adult collector. Not suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1500|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.