BR 4-6-2 Peppercorn A1 Class 'Tornado' 60163 Circa 2012 BR Green (BR Late)
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
In November 1990 a group of people formed the ‘A1 Steam Locomotive Trust’, as a charitable organisation their objective was to build an A1 Class locomotive from scratch. The actual building of the locomotive started in 1994 based on the original Peppercorn design but incorporating some improvements. Completed in 2008, the locomotive was given the next sequential A1 number of 60163 and was named ‘Tornado’ in honour of the Royal Air Force aircraft. Through the early months of 2011 ‘Tornado’ was undergoing an overhaul, prior to this it was painted in a traditional LNER livery but in February the team at the Trust commenced a full repaint.
On the 9th May 2011 ‘Tornado’ was shunted by diesel out of the shed at the NRM carrying a BR Brunswick green livery with an early BR emblem. ‘Tornado’ carried this livery throughout its tours of 2011 and during a winter maintenance program it was changed to a late BR scheme as modelled here. ‘Tornado’ first publically appeared in this livery at the Mid Hants Railway in February 2012 and carried this livery until the autumn.
A superbly detailed collection of static die-cast locomotives marking the golden age of British steam. Each model comes with a rail track effect plinth and clear plastic presentation case from which the locomotive can be detached. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,500|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.