FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The rainbow ‘Ride with Pride’ New Routemaster bus was created to celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT+) diversity in London. It was the first bus of its kind and has gone on to inspire other cities around the world. The bus was created by OUTbound, Transport for London’s (TfL) LGBT+ network as part of an award winning community engagement campaign. It went into service on 2 March 2015 on route 8, and moved to route 15 in October 2015 operated by Stagecoach London. The bus has taken part in two Pride in London parades, and many other high profile events raising awareness of LGBT diversity.
During its time on the road it was complemented by two other vehicles – a Docklands Light Railway Train and a Black Cab, all using a similar design. Two limited edition Oyster wallets were produced featuring the rainbow bus, and it gained a huge following in Twitter as part of OUTbound’s #RidewithPride campaign. The original concept and idea was created by Martyn Loukes BEM and the design was created in-house and sponsored by Stagecoach London. The bus also features in driving simulation computer game, where players can drive the bus along the Pride in London parade route.
The other cities to have launched rainbow buses since March 2015 are Toronto, Calgary and Brighton. There are also Ride with Pride taxis in Southampton, and there was a rainbow train in Copenhagen.
OUTbound is one of TfL’s diversity networks and was also responsible for changing 48-traffic lights around Trafalgar square to feature same-sex images and gender symbols in 2016. Follow OUTbound on Twitter to find out more about these projects at @TfLLGBT.
London Transport and are registered trade marks of Transport for London. New Routemaster is a Registered Design of Transport for London. Produced under licence by Corgi.
The Original Omnibus Company
The Original Omnibus Company, a range of 1:76 detailed die-cast model buses and coaches. Each model is presented in a display box and comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the vehicle's history.
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,400|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.