Ford Anglia 1200 Super, Platinum Grey and Ermine White
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Anglia modelled is remarkably original and has covered just 16,000 miles since being registered to Mr George Irwin Smith on 1st May 1964, by Dinnages of Wivelsfield Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex; the company having been the Ford Main Dealers for this area from 1956 to the present day. Current owner Colin Moir, a time-served Ford mechanic who runs his own garage business in Aberdeenshire, saw the car at the 2013 NEC Classic Car Show Silverstone Auctions' sale and, having wanted one when he was a Ford apprentice, purchased it on impulse. He then had to fly back to Scotland, pick up his low-loader, and drive back to Birmingham to pick it up!
In 1964 Mr Smith paid £475 for the car, plus £99.10s 6d purchase tax, a delivery charge from Ford's Halewood plant of £13.00, and a fee for the number plates of £2. 5s. The road fund licence was £5.10s and the garage charged £1.15s.6d for fuel and oil. However, he received £260 for the 1959 Morris Minor he traded in. Dinnages serviced the car regularly until October 1973, by which time it had covered only 13,647 miles. In 1977 it was sold to a second owner who stored the car perfectly but did few miles. It has never been welded or painted and current custodian Colin Moir, the car's third owner, enjoys taking it to local shows along with his 1930 Ford Model A.
Engine: 1198cc 4IL OHV
Maximum speed: 82mph
Unladen weight: 1679Lbs
Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to Hornby Hobbies. Manufactured by Hornby Hobbies Ltd.
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Angling For Greatness
My uncle drove one of these Anglia's from new in 1965. It was sold ten years later to be replaced by a Cortina. The modelling and detail are exactly as I remember them. From any angle this little car is just perfect.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in