Volkswagen Beetle, Type 1 Export Saloon Horizon Blue
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Although Volkswagen's legendary advertising campaign for the US market highlighted the fact that the Beetle did not change year-on-year, making it easier to source parts, it did develop over the years because of both market pressure and legislative changes. The first obvious visual change was in 1953 when the vision-limiting 'split' rear-window was replaced by a one-piece oval design, which lasted until August 1957 before being superseded by an even larger rear-window. The example modelled was one of the last 'oval' window cars, which was registered in London in June 1957. Current owner, Robin Allen from Hampshire, had it professionally refurbished in 1990 and it remains in excellent condition whilst retaining its original engine.
- Engine: 1192cc 4-HO OHV
- Power: 30bhp@3,700rpm
- Torque: 56lb.ft@2000rpm
- Maximum speed: 70mph 0-60 mph: 28secs
Trademarks, design patents and copyrights are used with the approval of the owner Volkswagen AG
A series of die-cast 1:43 scale model automobiles spanning half a century of motoring in Britain. Each model carries a detailed, authentic livery and comes complete with a certificate detailing the history of the vehicle. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.