Volvo FH, Curtainside Trailer, V.G. Mathers
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Based in Kintore, on the outskirts of Aberdeen, the family firm of V.G. Mathers has been operating for nearly fifty years and their vehicles, in their distinctive livery, are a regular sight on the roads across the United Kingdom. The firm was established by Vic Mather on 6th September 1968, operating as an owner/driver with an eight wheel Atkinson, but shortly after a Volvo was purchased, an association Vic has kept going to the present day; his fleet of eight vehicles being spearheaded by his 500bhp Volvo FH Version 4 Globetrotter XL, M14 VGM.
V.G. Mathers have long been associated with the transport of paper products, in fact it was the transportation of paper for British Gypsum, with the resulting accumulation of plaster dust, which was responsible for the change in livery of Vic’s vehicles from green and red, to white with red banding. The current maroon and gold livery and eagle logo evolved when Vic purchased a Fridge Van during the early 1980s from E&W Websters and, not wishing to damage the finish of the vehicle, adapted their livery to become his own.
VOLVO is a trademark of Volvo Trademark Holding AB, used under license by Hornby Hobbies
Hauliers of Renown
A range of detailed and collectable 1:50 scale die-cast model trucks. The collection boasts a wide range of tractor units and trailer combinations with authentic loads spanning the history of road haulage. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
- Based in Scotland
- Mud Flaps
- Visor Mirror
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.