FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
With nothing but a rented lorry, Maxwell Freight Services was established in 1975 by Mr Tom Maxwell and is now run by Tom’s twin sons Terry and Tommy. With many of their fleet decorated with eye-catching airbrushed designs such as Ulster Grand Prix riders, this Volvo FH cab features a unique design including Spitfires engaged in dogfights. The design is in tribute to The Belfast Telegraph Spitfires – In 1940 the Belfast Telegraph newspaper launched the 100,000 Shillings fund in an attempt to raise enough money to purchase a Spitfire aeroplane. Such was the public interest and enthusiasm for the project that eventually almost £3 million in today’s money was raised, leading to 17 Spitfires being purchased – each one being named after areas and businesses that donated the money.
The Aviation Archive
A range of high quality detailed die-cast model aircraft. Each model comes complete with an individually numbered certificate of authenticity detailing the significant history of each aircraft. View the full range
A detailed die-cast scale model for adult collector. Not Suitable for children under 14 years.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
The artwork presented on this Volvo FH cab tells the inspiring story of the people of Belfast and their determination to help the war effort during WWII. In response to a Belfast Telegraph appeal to raise funds to buy an RAF Spitfire, the local communities eventually raised enough money to buy 17 Spitfires – quite astonishing.
Technical Specification & Detail
- High Light Bar
- Mud Flaps
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.